(a) Every insurer shall adopt and communicate to all its claims agents written standards for the prompt investigation and processing of claims, and shall do so within ninety (90) days after the effective date of these regulations or any revisions thereto.
(b) All licensees shall provide thorough and adequate training regarding these regulations to all their claims agents. Licensees shall certify that their claims agents have been trained regarding these regulations and any revisions thereto. However, licensees need not provide such training or certification to duly licensed attorneys.
A licensee shall demonstrate compliance with this subsection by the following methods:
(1) where the licensee is an individual, the licensee shall annually certify in writing under penalty of perjury that he or she has read and understands these regulations and any and all amendments thereto;
(2) where the licensee is an entity, the annual written certification shall be executed, under penalty of perjury, by a principal of the entity as follows:
(A) that the licensee’s claims adjusting manual contains a copy of these regulations and all amendments thereto; and,
(B) that clear written instructions regarding the procedures to be followed to effect proper compliance with this subchapter were provided to all its claims agents;
(3) where the licensee retains independent adjusters, the licensee must provide training to the independent adjusters regarding these regulations and annually certify, in a declaration executed under penalty of perjury, that such training is provided. Alternately, the independent adjuster may annually certify in writing, under penalty of perjury, on an annual basis, that he or she has read and understands these regulations and all amendments thereto or has successfully completed a training seminar which explains these regulations;
(4) a copy of the certification required by subsections 2695.6(b) (1), (2) or (3) shall be maintained at all times at the principal place of business of the licensee….
(5) the annual certification required by this subsection shall be completed on or before September 1 of each calendar year.